Re: in mips how to change the start address to the new second boot loader ?

In message: <200904201100.39164.florian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
            Florian Fainelli <florian@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
: Hi,
:
: Le Wednesday 15 April 2009 08:09:01 nagalakshmi veeramallu, vous avez écrit :
: > Hi ,
: >  I have a KMC board with mips VR4131 processor. The target board already
: >  having cmon boot loader on flash. Now I need to put my yamon boot loader
: >  which I modified according to the requirement on the flash. As we know
: > MIPS have fixed starting address 0xbfc00000, how to change this address to
: > other address so that after power on it can enter to the new address (boot
: > loader).
:
: You cannot indeed change the boot address, but you can place a routine, or
: even a bootloader at 0x1fc00000 which jumps to an arbitrary address.

I tried to tell him that in the FreeBSD/mips list, but he wouldn't
listen to me there either...  The simple fact is that the Vr41xx
processors cannot move their boot address at all....

Warner