Re: possible bug in N900 Maemo 5 desktop ??

2010/1/6 <rixed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
-[ Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 09:44:45PM +0100, Henrik Madsen ]----
> As ordinary users of the N900/N810 systems we are also woundering
> what the purpose of all Marks non-appropriate and very negative
> comments are.

As an ordinary user of the n810, I am, not unlike Mark, a bit disatisfied
by the overall quality of the maemo software stack and discouraged
by the fact that the new maemo does not seam to attempt to fix previous
issues but instead start from scratch the same thing again. And like
Mark I'm not confident any more that Nokia will manage to provide us
with the mobile software stack that free software is lacking.

And I'm not paid by any other company to say that - of course I wont buy
a Nexus nor an iPhone nor a Pre nor anything (my daily phone is a freerunner).
I will stop reading this ML since questionning the quality of maemo
is apparently out of topic.

Good luck.

Good luck with your "fanboy" -card. Please start by replying my criticism about Mark's input to this mailing list and maybe you'll see that the biggest problem is the person, not the facts he's bringing up. I agree about some facts but at the same time I understand why something has been done. It is impossible to give everything to everyone....

Your arguments are too rounded and vague, and I can't see those bringing something new to Mark's arguments any way. Just saying the same things like politicians say.

So please, let the facts fight, don't fight with people. And stop using those fanboy-cards. Reply with better arguments and those won't be needed at all in order to win an argument!

Ossipena / Timo