Re: possible bug in N900 Maemo 5 desktop ??

rixed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> -[ Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 09:44:45PM +0100, Henrik Madsen ]----
>> As ordinary users of the N900/N810 systems we are also woundering
>> what the purpose of all Marks non-appropriate and very negative
>> comments are.
>
> As an ordinary user of the n810, I am, not unlike Mark, a bit disatisfied
> by the overall quality of the maemo software stack

Excellent - so are many of us.
However, being open we can do something about it.
Maybe have a look at Mer : http://wiki.maemo.org/Mer

no, it's not ready.

> and discouraged
> by the fact that the new maemo does not seam to attempt to fix previous
> issues but instead start from scratch the same thing again. And like
> Mark I'm not confident any more that Nokia will manage to provide us
> with the mobile software stack that free software is lacking.
Not this year - but they are working on, for example, ofono

There is plenty to criticise - but criticism != trolling
Much as I'd love for Mark to be banned because I think he's a... well. I'll stop
there ;) - I'm happy for individuals to learn how to block his emails rather
than have him kicked.

Frankly if people ignored him totally he'd go away. The only reason I'm replying is:
> I will stop reading this ML since questionning the quality of maemo
> is apparently out of topic.
Mark is a troll who's aim is to annoy people. He's pretty good.
Don't let him succeed in putting you off - you need a thick skin in an open
environment.

In general, for people who are only planning on bitching and moaning and not
actually *doing* anything then maybe open-source isn't for you?

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."