Re: omweather failure

I don't develop, but I would think that 1.0 means you met all your original goals.  small point versions after that would be bug fixes and feature tweaks (but not much in the way of additions).  The 2.0 version would be worked on and subsequently released when the app no longer does everything you want it to. (in developing 1.0, one comes up with a ton of features they hadn't thought of but just have to go out of scope).

I know that's not really the way it's done, but it makes sense to me.  Otherwise, version number milestones like 1.0, 2.0 are just arbitrary.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 5:51 AM, Aniello Del Sorbo <anidel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2009/7/10 Peter Bart <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 22:36:13 +0100
> Peter Flynn <peter.flynn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Kevin T. Neely wrote:
>> > Guess it just wasn't there a couple days back when I checked.
>> > Hooray for those omweather guys, they're usually only a few days
>> > behind weather.com's incessantly changing of format/syntax.
>>
>> Yes, they do an excellent job.
>>
>> But weather.com have screwed up something: all my stations for France
>> cause the error message "Wrong station code or ZIP code!!!". I
>> deleted all my stations and then added them all back in again, just
>> in case the internal codes had changed, but they still cause this
>> error.
>>
>> Maybe weather.com has something against France? All the others work...
>>

> Peter,
>        I had the same issue you do in the USA. For some reason I
>        didn't see the update; in the application manager; until this
>        morning. I now have v0.22.6 and everything works well.
>        OMWeather has turned into quite the polished program! A simple
>        desktop applet that has a load of useful information behind it.
>
> Best Regards,

Now that we've finally seen VLC hit the 1.0 version, we'll we ever
seen OMWeather do the same? :)

There are SOOOO many open source applications stuck at < 1.0 versions...
Actually, I really do not understand :)

1.0 should mean stable and "enough" bug free, not "full features rich", right ?
Otherwise this would mean that VLC, for example, is.. done. :)

--
anidel

In Vino Veritas
http://rubbernecking.info