Re: omweather failure

2009/7/10 Peter Bart <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 22:36:13 +0100
> Peter Flynn <peter.flynn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Kevin T. Neely wrote:
>> > Guess it just wasn't there a couple days back when I checked.
>> > Hooray for those omweather guys, they're usually only a few days
>> > behind weather.com's incessantly changing of format/syntax.
>>
>> Yes, they do an excellent job.
>>
>> But weather.com have screwed up something: all my stations for France
>> cause the error message "Wrong station code or ZIP code!!!". I
>> deleted all my stations and then added them all back in again, just
>> in case the internal codes had changed, but they still cause this
>> error.
>>
>> Maybe weather.com has something against France? All the others work...
>>

> Peter,
>        I had the same issue you do in the USA. For some reason I
>        didn't see the update; in the application manager; until this
>        morning. I now have v0.22.6 and everything works well.
>        OMWeather has turned into quite the polished program! A simple
>        desktop applet that has a load of useful information behind it.
>
> Best Regards,

Now that we've finally seen VLC hit the 1.0 version, we'll we ever
seen OMWeather do the same? :)

There are SOOOO many open source applications stuck at < 1.0 versions...
Actually, I really do not understand :)

1.0 should mean stable and "enough" bug free, not "full features rich", right ?
Otherwise this would mean that VLC, for example, is.. done. :)

--
anidel