Re: Nokia device usage

Hi,

ext Alejandro López wrote:
> Eero Tamminen escribió:
>> Skype video requires significantly more power than for example Gtalk
>> video (which the device supports) and has quite strict latency
>> requirements (the call drops if Skype doesn't get enough CPU).
>
> Great! Now I know the technical reasons, but I still don't know
> why this is not mentioned when it is said that Skype runs on
> the tablet.

I don't know about the others (or the device marketing), but
at least to me the Skype video use is very marginal even on Desktop
at home.  In the beginning the video call was a nice novelty, but
nowadays we enable it only sometimes when discussing with our young
nieces, for 99%[1] of the calls voice is enough.

As this thread is "Nokia device usage", what you would use
the Skype video for? :-)

	- Eero

[1] of the _time_ used for all the calls video part might be more,
     the calls with our nieces are usually quite long as they show
     what they've done in pre-school etc...