Re: Default PIM software

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Peter Flynn <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there anything available in Diablo or OS2008 that uses the camera
> successfully? (Just curious)

The built in "Internet Call". It works very well when your wife/son
have an N810 at home, and you're working until 11pm practically every
night for 3 weeks. Being able to say "night night" to my toddler's the
only thing which has kept me (vaguely) sane.

> Ah. Yes. They got it badly wrong, which is surprising for Nokia. The
> market isn't suits who browse the web (and even if it was, all the more
> reason why they got the default PIM apps to disastrously wrong).

As Quim's asked before - what are you using to define "PIM"? The only
PIMish apps which ship with Maemo are Contacts and, arguably, Email.

> No PDA-sized browser is going to support all the hopelessly-broken web
> pages out there in the way that FF does, alas. But a version of
> Javascript that worked properly would be nice.

Eh? Define "worked properly": microb's JavaScript engine is perfectly
fine, and, IME, browsing is only hamstrung by CPU performance, memory
usage and screen size (and, to a degree, screen resolution).

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew@xxxxxxxx  |  http://www.bleb.org/