Re: Default PIM software (was: Re: the hell of Maemo repos

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Peter Flynn <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mark wrote:
>> Heck, they can't even really
>> utilize the camera out of the box.
>
> That was the biggest mistake, IMHO. I've never used it for the simple
> reason that there is no software (that I have found) to do anything
> meaningful with it, and the software provided is a chat system to which
> no-one seems to be signed up.

Stills:
"Camera" (I can't find any information or a Web page for this, but I
have it installed)
"Gps-Camera" http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/gps-camera/
"Knips" (doesn't run for me) http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/knips/

Video:
"Videocamera" https://garage.maemo.org/projects/camera/

These are very basic and don't include any kind of exposure control
(maybe a hardware limitationhaury), but do the job.

Many use the terms "Internet" and "Web" interchangeably, but they're
not. The Web consists of a certain number of HTML servers that are
connected to the Internet. There are *lots* of other types of servers,
clients and machines connected to the Internet, and the tablets simply
don't have the software (and in a few cases the hardware) to connect
to them. There are also other software-related activities that haven't
been (and probably won't be) ported for the tablets. There's a whole
lot more to the Internet than just Web pages and email.

Mark