Re: Default PIM software

Mark wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Peter Flynn <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> That was the biggest mistake, IMHO. I've never used it for the simple
>> reason that there is no software (that I have found) to do anything
>> meaningful with it, and the software provided is a chat system to which
>> no-one seems to be signed up.
>
> Stills:
[snip]
> Video:
[clip]

I did say "meaningful". I can take stills and video with my cellphone.
When you pop out the camera, it pops up some chat program to which
nobody seems to be connected. *That* is "not meaningful".

> Many use the terms "Internet" and "Web" interchangeably, but they're
> not.

I'm well aware of the distinction. I'm not entirely clear why you felt
it necessary, but thank you for the tutorial.

The problem is that Nokia saw fit so market a device with a camera and
no network applications to make use of it apart from the default dodo.

"Leaving it to the community" is all very well, but it simply hasn't
worked in the case of the camera. (I'm actually uninterested in using
the camera anyway; this was an example).

///Peter