Re: the hell of Maemo repos

Shivkumar Chandrasekaran wrote:

>>  I always have to make a minimum of three
>>> attempts to
>>> update the package lists before it finally goes through.
>
>> Then something's wrong with your internet, your tablet, or wrong with
>> the repositories you've added to your catalog. I haven't had a failed
>> refresh in a long time.
>
> This happens to me all the time too on my 770. So I have kept upgrading
> my OS. Now I am on the latest hacker's edition for 770 and I still keep
> running into it. It could be a problem on my end, but this happens
> consistently on 3 different networks, so I wonder if the problem is with
> the 770.
>
> - --shiv--

Clearly, it's App Manager and/or the maemo server that has something wrong with
it. Others have noted this problem as well. Even if a repository is gone or has
a problem, it should skip it and finish the refresh, with a message that
notifies the user of what repository(ies) caused the problem. I've let it sit
overnight before and it still won't finish or even give a message - it just sits
there. when I cancel, it gives the "not refreshed" message. I have to keep
canceling and starting the refresh again. Eventually it succeeds. It does this
no matter what network I'm on. I've tried eliminating invalid catalogs, but I
don't have that many in the first place, so it wasn't hard to rule that out.
Also, refreshing with apt-get never has a problem.

Mark