Re: the hell of Maemo repos

> 2008/11/22 Ryan Abel <rabelg5@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:rabelg5@xxxxxxxxx>>
>
>     If you had been after answers you would've either emailed the
>     maintainer directly

Yeah, because every end-user knows exactly how to do that... NOT!

> or asked something like "Hey, does anybody know
>     where I can get ahold of the Kismet that used to be in the eko1
>     repository?" Instead, you started off accusing people of some grand
>     conspiracy and started a flamewar.

...Because it's soooo easy to be levelheaded when, for the umpteenth time, you
go to do an update for an app you're about to use, and suddenly everything goes
to crap and you're out of luck.

Everybody who owns one of these tablets is not a developer. An awful lot of us
bought them because we were taken in by the hype and only found out later that
they don't do what we expected. The average consumer doesn't know or care nearly
enough about computers to overcome these problems. They need devices that "just
work".

Yeah, I know what you're going to say now... "buyer beware" (great! let's all
never buy another Nokia product!)... "you should research and know exactly what
you're getting before you buy" (as though that were possible or reliable or we
didn't try to do exactly that)... Sorry, but the package (and any POS info)
should say exactly what you're getting, and most of the time it does. Some
countries have laws against false advertising...

Mark