Re: the hell of Maemo repos

On Nov 21, 2008, at 10:58 PM, Mark Haury wrote:

> Shivkumar Chandrasekaran wrote:

>>> I always have to make a minimum of three
>>
>>> Then something's wrong with your internet, your tablet, or wrong
>>> with
>>> the repositories you've added to your catalog. I haven't had a
>>> failed
>>> refresh in a long time.
>>
>> This happens to me all the time too on my 770. So I have kept
>> upgrading
>> my OS. Now I am on the latest hacker's edition for 770 and I still
>> keep
>> running into it. It could be a problem on my end, but this happens
>> consistently on 3 different networks, so I wonder if the problem is
>> with
>> the 770.
>>
>> - --shiv--
>
> Clearly, it's App Manager and/or the maemo server that has something
> wrong with
> it.

Clearly it's not. The maemo.org repositories are working fine, the
Nokia repositories are working fine, so we're down to two culprits
something local to the user or one of the half-dozen other
repositories I'm sure they're using. . . .

> Even if a repository is gone or has
> a problem, it should skip it and finish the refresh, with a message
> that
> notifies the user of what repository(ies) caused the problem.

Hey, it does _exactly_ this in Diablo. . . .

--
Ryan Abel
Maemo Community Council chair