Re: Diablo's Modest/Email

Mark wrote:

> You are so incredibly wrong.

About? That the Archimedes uses ARM processors, um, no. Acorn designed
the original ARM processor. The A in ARM originally stood for "Acorn".
That my A7000 is an embedded device in disguise? No, it's a full desktop
machine, uses standard RAM, standard IDE hard drives, has a VGA
connector and PS/2 ports and such. It was sold as a desktop computer in
the 1990's, but the RISCOS based machine running with ARM processors are
still around.

> Clearly, the ARM systems you're referring to are
> NOT general-purpose computing devices, but special-purpose imbedded
> devices.

Hmmmm... the facts don't really support your assertion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acorn_Archimedes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risc_PC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acorn_A7000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RISC_OS
http://www.castle-technology.co.uk/castle/front.shtml

But then, you don't seem to have done an awfully large amount of
research on the matter.