Re: Diablo's Modest/Email

On Monday 08 September 2008 11:34:03 am Mark wrote:
Again, this is a *limitation*, not an asset, as far as I am concerned.

> I find it ironic that people who are ordinarily paranoid about
> privacy, reliability, control, etc. don't have a problem putting their
> faith in some server that could be anywhere, and could be out of
> service at the worst possible time, along with all your old email.
> Also, anything that exists on a server not under your direct control
> can be accessed by others without your knowledge or consent. On the
> other hand, if your messages are only on the server for a short time
> and you keep your stuff offline, you will at least know if somebody
> wants it because they will either leave a trail or will have to
> subpoena *you*, not somebody else. (No, I'm not paranoid about this,
> but it is a valid issue.)

> Mark

i also find this unbelievable.  Maybe we are just paranoid, but that doesn't
mean we are not prudent.  With the government running around with its head
chop off trying to dig into everyone's life in the name of terriorism I feel
like I have to protect my life in places where I can.

tim