Re: Diablo's Modest/Email

On Monday 08 September 2008 11:43:01 am Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
> All that said, I still can't fathom why would anyone really want all the
> email on a mobile device that is prone to loss or failure when dropped.
> Having a tiny Linux server that fetches all your email from all the
> sources, puts it in appropriate folders and presents it to you locally or
> remotely via POP and IMAP seems to me a far better solution that comes
> with automatic backups, mirrored drives and any number of safety and
> anti-spam features you'd want to use.
>
> Just my $0.02
>
> julius

I can't either.  What happens to your email when you cross back into the US
and some border guard decides you look suspicious and takes your n810.  I
really like the idea of having my email and computer files on my box, in my
locked house, If I lost or the n810 was taken for whatever reason, I have
nothing on there I can't replace.

tim