Re: Battery life VERY short on N810, last OS2008...

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Eero Tamminen <eero.tamminen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  ext Giacomo Tufano wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Eero Tamminen <eero.tamminen@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > >  What applets you have enabled in Home?
> > >
> > Internet search, web link (no change on standard URI), Tableteer info,
> > clock and Internet Radio (never used, sitting idle).
>  What about the Statusbar applets?  Do you have an account set up
>  and are you online?
> > >  If you do following from SSH after screen has blanked:
> > >        strace -p $(pidof hildon-desktop|cut -d' ' -f1)
> > >  Is there any activity?
> > I got (very fast) after the command:
> >
> > gettimeofday(whatever) = 0
> > ioctl(3, FIONREAD, [0]) = 0
> > gettimeofday(whatever) = 0
> > poll(
> >
> > and then nothing else...
>
>  So I guess you don't have any "cpuload" applet either.
>  Many of them could be implemented badly i.e. polling even
>  when the screen turns off.

I have load-applet (0.8.2-2). But I use it from many months (and many
tablets and OS versions) and I never had any problem...

>  I would disable any applets that you don't use. If you reboot after
>  that, you've saved a bit of memory too. :-)

I know... my use case for the load-applet is that I use it to
understand when a click on Google Reader was understood by the
tablet... I see the CPU gauge going up for some seconds... ;-) The
same holds true for many Web 2.0 apps... :-)

I have also gnotifier, configured and working. Update time 15 minutes...

> > If there is something else I can try, feel free to suggest other
> > option (I'm open). :-) If there are no other suggestion I'll post a
> > success when I found the root cause...

A last note... the "EAC mode: play enable, rec (dis)(e)nabled" couple
of messages I see in system log are "normal"? It doesn't seem so...

Bye,
gt