Re: Move from 2007 to 2008 Questions

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Marius Gedminas <marius@xxxxxx> wrote:
>  > unfortunately, this gives me an odd dependency error (hildon-libs0)
>  > and refuses to do the download. Doing it your way gets me the .deb I
>  > want, but that dependency is still in the way.
>
>  Right.  Square peg, round hole.  A hammer won't help.

It's silly, I know, but I'm tired of waiting for AisleRiot to be
released for OS2008. I don't understand why it has that dependency -
it doesn't seem like a game like that should have very many
requirements. I also wouldn't think that it would take a great deal of
effort to recompile it for OS2008 since it's already been hildonized
for OS2007. At any rate, since the person who did the port hasn't made
it available for OS2008, isn't giving access to the source and I'm not
capable of porting it myself (and why should I duplicate that effort
anyway?), I was hoping I could somehow get the OS2007 version to
install on OS2008. I guess that's too much to ask...

>  The hildon-libs dependency smells of OS incompatibility.  What OS do you
>  have and what package you're trying to install?  Sometimes a simple
>  recompile is sufficient to make a package compatible with a different
>  Maemo version.  I have a scratchbox handy on this laptop; I could
>  rebuild the package for you if the sources are available.

I installed scratchbox on my desktop and attempted to follow the
tutorials, but haven't yet succeeded in actually compiling or
installing anything. There are too many little details that are left
out of the tutorial, and I haven't been able to find them anywhere
else.

>  > >  Microsoft is not the answer.
>  > >  Microsoft is the question.
>  > >  "No" is the answer.
>  >
>  > ROTFLMAO!!!!!
>  > I've seen a different version of this, but I really like yours. :-)
>
>  I don't remember where I got it, but it certainly isn't original.

The "original" version I saw went like this:

Sex is not the answer.
Sex is the question.
"Yes" is the answer.

This is the first time I've seen the Microsoft variation.

Mark