Move from 2007 to 2008 Questions

All,

My apologies as I have not kept up with all the discussions on the forum in a while.  Part of it was due to a severe motorcycle accident.  What I have been doing is going into maemo.org and monitoring the applications that are there to see if the applications I use regularly are available for 2008.  So, before I take the plunge and upgrade, I thought I’d put a list out and try to identify if the existing applications are compatible with 2008, if they’re just not listed in the catalog, or if they are just not compatible and I have to find something else or stay with 2007.  Here’s the list (it’s short):

·         GPE Calendar, GPE Todo, GPE Contacts (most important as I use these every day)

·         X11VNC (used for displaying my N800 onto my desktop)

·         Xterm (critical as I have my backup scripts that are run from here)

·         Gnumeric (I have a lot of workarounds in gnumeric so this is also very important)

·         Simple launcher

·         Gainroot

·         Maemo Krypt (least important)

And, lastly, for the applications that require no changes, e.g. no new binaries, will they show up after I upgrade or do I have to re-install them?

In advance – thanks! And, again, my apologies…

Nick.