Support for external screen

Hi everybody,

I'm really sorry if this question is a FAQ or something, I've tried to look with google but haven't found anything conclusive.

The thing is, I have a Nokia N800, which is really cool, thanks for the good work. It does quite a lot of strange things I wouldn't expect from an embedded device to be sure, it's almost like a general purpose computer in that regard.

Anyways, my question is, that have somebody tinkered with the internals of the N800 (I know this will void any warranty), and managed to attach somekind of connectors for an external display to the machine?

I'm not entirely up-to-date about how an video signal is generated and sent to the display. Even if this is an digital transmission, I'm pretty sure there has to be somekind of high frequency signal involved. Has anyone pondered about how this could be done? Somebody who is more inclined about the electronics side of things?

thanks,
and best regards,
Pekka