Re: Move from 2007 to 2008 Questions

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Dr. Nicholas Shaw <Doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mark,
>
>  What I have done in the past is go to application manager, identify the web
>  site (through the catalog) that actually hosts the files for the particular
>  application I'm interested in, go there and get the files.  For some, I have
>  e-mails with links to where they are (I've also stored some as favorites).
>

>  Nick.

If it's in the application manager, you can install it from there. My
problem is that what I want to install isn't in the catalog for
OS2008, but it is hosted in the maemo repository - and *only* in the
repository. There are no addresses anywhere except for that maemo
repository, which I haven't been successful in browsing. There has to
be some generic Linux way of grabbing the file, given the info in the
.install file, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Mark