Re: OS 2008 Bluetooth keyboard problems (was: Move from 2007 to 2008 Questions)

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 09:29:24PM -0400, Norman Ramsey wrote:
>   1. Based on random criteria I haven't been able to figure out, the
>      Bluetooth keyboard sometimes activates the word-completion

I have seen this.  Cannot figure out what causes it, either.  I am only really typing txt messages and such, so it is not much of an issue forme, although it takes up valuable screen real-estate.

Since moving to OS2008, I have not done much major typing through the shell.  If I were, and if this happened, it would definitely be a pain.

>   2. THE KILLER: Once I have connected a bluetooth keyboard, the
>      on-screen stylus keyboard and thumb keyboard no longer work.
>      Even when the BT keyboard is put away and turned off, attempts to
>      use the stylus keyboard produce only a black bar at the bottom of

I have yet to see this, thankfully

I also have a #3:

    3.  Sometimes, when I switch the keyboard on, the first couple letters I type cause the entire tablet to halt for a second, minimizes all the applications, and the desktop applets disappear.  (It reminds me of when explorer.exe crashes on a Win2k/XP machine).
A reboot brings everything back.  Until then, the device seems to operate well enough, but I try to reboot asap.

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com