N810 European Power Adapter

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Kip Warner <kip at thevertigo.com> wrote:
> I bought my N810 in Canada, and so it uses a standard North American
>  power adapter.
>
>  Is it easy to acquire one usable in Europe from over there? If so, how
>  much are they, and can they be used all across Europe?
>
>  --
>  Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
>  OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred
>  http://www.thevertigo.com

In addition to the likelihood that your existing adapter is
multi-voltage, I've been successfully using a universal USB adapter
with mine ever since I got it. I have both 12V to USB and 110-240V to
USB adapters as well as the USB to 2mm Nokia cable (which will also
charge from any USB hub or device with a powered USB host port,
including laptop and desktop computers), so I'm set for power wherever
I go. The same kit works with my cell phone, mp3 player, etc. It works
with basically any device for which a 5V input is acceptable. That
cuts down on a whole bunch of adapters when traveling.

The bonus is that the kit cost me less than $10, so if it gets killed
by the foreign power lines it's not a big deal. (Both of the AA NiMH
battery charges I took to London died - I still don't know why.) I
leave the original adapter safely at home.

Mark