N810 European Power Adapter

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:50:54PM +0000, Peter Flynn wrote:
> The other charger that *does* work with the N800 (and is much smaller
> and neater) is my daughter's Nokia cellphone charger, but AFAIK you
> can't buy this particular one separately. Why Nokia screw us around this
> way is beyond me, and why they'd go to all the trouble of designing and
> making multiple chargers that do the identical thing is baffling.

You are probably comparing Nokia's AC-3 (the "Compact Charger", usually
bundled with mobile phones) and the AC-4 (the "Travel Charger", the one
bundled with all Nokia Internet Tablets).  The AC-3 is smaller, but it
outputs a 2x lower current than the AC-4.  Google provides some
anecdotic evidence that charging the battery with an AC-3 takes twice as
long: http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussions/board/message?board.id=phones&message.id=21453

Marius Gedminas
--
Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics.
                -- Fletcher Knebel