N810 European Power Adapter

Theodore Tso wrote:
> This is all true, but those plugs take up a huge amount of space in
> laptop bags...  and the number of times that I've had my equipment
> blow up due to grounding problems or power surges is nil.  And a fuse
> doesn't protect against voltage spikes.

Size is relative. Depends on what you are used to really.

I find US and European outlets scary as heck, because they usually have
no on/off switch. It's fairly rare to find an outlet int he UK without a
on/off switch.

The fuse will blow before the fuse in the fusebox at the mains dispatch
board, so yeah, it does protect the device. This is ignoring any
internal fuses that might exist in the device to protect US and European
users ;-)