Canola2 beta2 is out!

On Feb 4, 2008 4:21 AM, Kalle Valo <kalle.valo at nokia.com> wrote:
> "ext Michael Wiktowy" <michael.wiktowy at gmail.com> writes:
>
> >> another process) and then having it to check for DB consistency.   To
> >> improve the situation here, we could do like Canola1 and not kill
> >> Canola-Daemon, it would start faster, but then we'd waste your
> >> precious RAM while we're not running.  NB: atabake and canolad will
> >> shutdown themselves after a while when they notice no users are
> >> connected.
> >
> > Leaving persistent daemons around is definitely *not* the way to go.
> > RAM is not in huge supply and it might interfere with all the
> > power-saving on the tablets.
>
> Exactly. Always try to preserve RAM as much as possible. We have they
> too many daemons running already in stock image, which is a shame.

We don't like daemons that much too. However we used to have one to
scan for media and serve configuration via HTTP, and now we have 3
(media player, download manager and media scanner)... the point is to
try to isolate problems and contribute back some code (smaller parts,
like canolad and downloadmanager are easier to release). Once we have
problems isolated and figured out if the code will be free or not, we
can merge these in just one extra process.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
Jabber: barbieri at gmail.com
   MSN: barbieri at gmail.com