Canola2 beta2 is out!

On Feb 1, 2008 9:14 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbieri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Canola2 beta2 is out, fixing lots of issues reported by users and even
> adding new features.

Thanks for the update. It is definitely more responsive. Start up is a
little slow but at least it keeps you informed.

> Hope installation will be smoother this time!

Uninstalling the old Canola2beta1, updating my repos and installing
the beta2 worked fine.

My impressions are quite positive. I haven't been able to exercise it
with any streaming media but seems to play local media smoothly. There
is some frame dropping in video when you change the sound level with
the hardware keys, but it keeps audio sync so it is a minor thing.

One somewhat important issue is that when playing an album, both the
buttons for next track and previous track actually make it go to next
track. Seems like a small "oops" slipped in.

Overall, keep up the great work. Even if it isn't open source, it is
nice that you are working with the community and are very responsive
to user feedback. Looking forward to all those Canola plugins. Also
looking forward to a Carman for OS2008.

/Mike