Nokia NXXX With A Phone!

Adilson Oliveira wrote:
> Some time later he told me
> he spent about 30 minutes answering a lot of questions about why was he
> buying a cellphone without a cellphone plan.

Heh. I had a similar run-in ordering my N810 directly from Nokia (with
the dev discount coupon, IIRC). They had to do all this personal
identity verification crap (addresses I'd lived at 10 years ago, etc.)
and I finally asked them wtf was going on. So if Nokia's own
(outsourced?) call centers don't know the difference, I'm not suprised
that others are just as clueless. I wonder if they'd do the same thing
if I bought a Nokia firewall appliance through their website -- which
probably isn't possible but it'd still be funny. "Can I get your
mother's maiden name, sir?" "Yes, Lady Ada Lovelace, analogue computer
programmer."

As for Sprint, Nokia et al being the first to run with 4G, more power to
'em. NTT DoCoMo's been testing 4G for the past couple of years so it'll
be fun to see who's the first out of the starting gate.
http://www.nttdocomo.com/pr/2007/001319.html. S. Korea's mobile market
is no slouch, either.

-Gary