Nokia NXXX With A Phone!

Gary,

I agree that bluetooth tethering is a great solution/workaround to the
need to sometimes use the N8XX as a voice communications device. The
problem I have is that when I have bluetooth + CDMA/EVDO turn on on my
mobile phone, it runs down the battery very quickly. I

 would like to see Nokia (or some supplier) come out with a stand alone
EVDO/Bluetooth radio with very looooooooooooooong battery life and
supply it to the US EVDO mobile service providers (Sprint, Verizon,
Alltell, etc) for sale to their customers. Since these mobile service
providers already sell evdo/data plans along with cardbus evdo modems,
they should not have a problem with a stand alone device such as I am
suggesting.

By the way, the fact that the NXX do not have CDMA or GSM mobile phone
capability does not prevent the LETS Talk www site from marketing the
N800 has a mobile phone. Here is the url to the www page at their www
site where they do just that:

    http://www.letstalk.com/product/product.htm?prId=32245&search=n800

If you visit that www page you will see that they refer to the N800 as a

    "Nokia N800 Internet Tablet Cell Phone"

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks, LLC