Nokia NXXX With A Phone!

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Steve Yelvington wrote:

> There are compromises to be made whether you take the integrated route
> (a la iPhone) or the component route (a la Nokia). I have an N800, a

The great thing about bluetooth tethering is that you can switch carriers
and not have to replace your tethered device at the same time. Integrating
a phone (and the wireless telephony it's tied to, CDMA, GSM, etc.) would
be a bad idea and considering the business they're in, Nokia would have
probably done this in the first place if they'd thought it would work. As
it stands, I can't envision them adding anything but WiMAX or its
successor in the future.

-Gary