Nokia NXXX With A Phone!

OK enthusiasts, when is this going to happen? I talked about this a
lot with attendees of the last Ohio LInuxfest and it is clear that the
next generation of this device needs a phone. I know that there will
be squabbles with the carriers about not being able to lock down the
features (in the US at least), but I am convinced that this device
would sell millions of units if it was a phone along with all the
other great things that it does already.

I think the relative success of the iPhone is proof that people are
willing to pay for it. If the cost can stay on par with the iPhone or
even slightly more people would flock to an all-in-one device that you
can develop and run your own apps on.

I fall into the group of people who need to be on my cell phone a lot
for work and I carry my laptop around for access to the web (email,
calendar, short browsing sessions). I also carry a media player for
video and audio playback. I can't stand Blackberry or Treo phones.
Most of the people I work with have them and hate them. So, as I see
it the N810 meets 2 out of 3 of my needs, but that third one (cell
phone) is where I spend most of my work time and I just can't justify
the cost unless I can get that last component.

For no extra charge ... I am happy to use a wired or bluetooth headset
or speakerphone. I don't need to hold the device up to my head. I have
gotten past the Ma Bell days of yesteryear.

Does anyone have an inside scoop on this? Is this even in the labs at
this point? Am I out of my mind or is this next step the most
important one in the evolution of the product?

--
Thanks,
Aaron Newcomb