Nokia NXXX With A Phone!

It's pretty painless to switch the SIM card out.  As long as it's open
and not packaged from the carrier there should be no issue.  I
purchased an N95 NAM (north american) from the Nokia Store and put my
iPhone ATT sim in and have been using it that way since ... no issues
- though the the MMS service is blocked, thanks to Apple and ATT.  My
data service is smooth and I've got 3.5G service now.  If the radio
and SIM slot are there you could use it anywhere and on any carrier
that supported the bands.