How to access the flash rootfs?

Jesper Cheetah wrote:
> But would it be possible to create such an initfs in e.g. scratchbox?
> And if so, how? I'm already trying to get familiar with scratchbox for
> the purpose of cross compiling some of my favorite utilities.

You don't need scratchbox, any linux distribution will do. Follow this
guide to unpack and recreate initfs  by Rodrigo Vivi
http://labs.vivi.eng.br/blog/?p=29 but get initfs_flasher.tgz from
http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#initfs, extract it and copy bootmenu.sh and
extract initfs.osso-RX-44.2007-49.tgz and dropbear and/or utelnetd with
same version to root of your extracted initfs. Then recreate it via
mkfs.jffs2 and flash to your device. You may also remove files listed in
to_remove.lst if final image is over 2MB. Good luck :-)

Frantisek