How to install skype on the N810 with OS2008?

Jussi Kukkonen wrote:
> sebastian maemo wrote:
>
>> Sure. You're missing the following basic repository:
>>
>> deb http://repository.maemo.org/ chinook free non-free
>>

> That's the SDK repo, _not_ a basic user repository.
> Installing packages from there is certainly possible, but results may
> vary. Quote from http://repository.maemo.org:
>    "These repositories are meant to be used with the 'apt-get' tool
>     only within the SDK environment"
> Any tablet application that has a dependency to this repository should
> be considered broken.
>
> I would try Neils suggestion.
>
> Jussi

I have the same issue on N800 and the above advice will definitely not
work. The issue is that skype is looking for a libhildonfm2 version
1.9.49 and the available one is 1.9.46. I think I ran across a Debian
bug report somewhere on the arm architecture noting this issue. What I
don't understand is why I should need to re-flash to fix this (bumped
into the same advice on internettablettalk.com).

Ognen