How to access the flash rootfs?

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 10:01:36PM +0100, Frantisek Dufka wrote:
>> I really don't want to flash and loose all of my stuff, again..
>
> Then you may still flash already prepared initfs image for your firmware
> version with linux USB flasher and use usb network recovery mode to ssh in
> and fix stuff. If you have no such image you may try get it from somewhere.
> But I'm afraid it is not legal for anyone to send it to you :-)

Meh, too bad that I can't just get a copy. License issues I pressume?

But would it be possible to create such an initfs in e.g. scratchbox?
And if so, how? I'm already trying to get familiar with scratchbox for
the purpose of cross compiling some of my favorite utilities.

--
Jesper Cheetah <mail+maemo at jespercheetah.dk>