Keyboard for N800

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 11:02:11AM -0800, Gary wrote:
> DZ wrote:
> > BTW, latest Apple Wireless compact BT keyboard works fine with N800 (it
> > supports HID profile). This keyboard is very comfortable and has a long
> > battery life.
>
> I'll second this. I have Nokia's SU-8W because it fits in my camera
> (N800) bag for travel but the Apple one is much better for serious
> production work. And though it doesn't fold up, it's solidly built. When
> I first tried one that a friend bought for his MacBook, he took it out
> of his book bag, held it up in front of me, and gave it a strong flex. I
> cringed and closed my eyes but he just laughed and powered it on.

I third this.  It's the smallest keyboard I've seen that has full-size
keys in a sane layout.  I miss some of the keys a bit, e.g. PgUp/PgDn,
and the Fn-Up/Down alternative doesn't work on a N800.

I also admit that I cannot figure out how to turn it off.  The power
button always turns it on.  When I want to use the virtual keyboard, I
have to disconnect the Apple one from the Nokia's Bluetooth statusbar
applet.

FWIW connecting the two back together is unexpecedly easy: just start
typing and the keyboard will reconnect *without losing any of the
keystrokes*.  Brilliant.

Marius Gedminas
--
"I'll be Bach."  -- Johann Sebastian Schwarzenegger