Keyboard for N800

Dr. Nicholas Shaw wrote:
>> For my N800 I bought the StowAway (NOT the compact version which is
>> crippled) and it works perfectly except
>>

>> a) the ESC gets intercepted by OS2007
>>

> Very true.  Hopefully this is corrected in OS2008.  CTRL also doesn't work.
>

>> b) OS2007 requires lots of clicks to crank up BlueTooth and make it
>>
> connect.
>
> Once the StowAway is paired, just turn it on and it will work.  An excellent
> keyboard.
>
> ///Peter
>
> Nick.

The easiest thing to do is when you get the keyboard, go into the
bluetooth control panel, pair it, and choose to make it a preferred
device.  Then, hitting any key and waiting a moment or two will
auto-connect it from that point forward.

Ctrl works fine for me (full-sized iGo/ThinkOutside Stowaway Bluetooth)
- perhaps you mean Fn?  The layout on the N800 intercepts Fn and
interprets it as a "right-click", so if you want to use any Fn-whatever
key combinations (in light blue on the keyboard), you need to set up a
small change.  I saw the instructions either on this list or
internettablettalk.com recently - I think they involved xmodmap, google
shall certain find them.

--
Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer, Art Lead: www.abisource.com

"Optimism is the father that leads to achievement."
 -- Helen Keller

"The folder structure in a modern Linux distribution such as Ubuntu
was largely inspired by the original UNIX foundations that were
created by men with large beards and sensible jumpers."
 -- Jono Bacon, The Ubuntu Guide