Keyboard for N800

Ryan Pavlik wrote:
> The easiest thing to do is when you get the keyboard, go into the
> bluetooth control panel, pair it, and choose to make it a preferred
> device.

I don't have an option for that. There's an option for "Trusted Device"
which is set OK.

> Then, hitting any key and waiting a moment or two will
> auto-connect it from that point forward.

Doesn't do that on mine. You have to open

Tools
Control Panel
Bluetooth (two taps)
Bluetooth On (check)
Visible (check)
Devices (tap)
Think Outside Keyboard (select)
Edit (tap)
Connect (tap)
OK
Close
OK
Close Control Panel

14 taps to do the job.

Methinks the designers were having a bad hair day when they did this.
The BT icon should be permanently up in the toolbar, and turning BT on
should auto enable all trusted devices in range by default.

> Ctrl works fine for me (full-sized iGo/ThinkOutside Stowaway Bluetooth)
> - perhaps you mean Fn?  The layout on the N800 intercepts Fn and
> interprets it as a "right-click", so if you want to use any Fn-whatever
> key combinations (in light blue on the keyboard), you need to set up a
> small change.  I saw the instructions either on this list or
> internettablettalk.com recently - I think they involved xmodmap, google
> shall certain find them.

I seem to remember seeing that, but assumed it wasn't meaningful, as I
don't have xmodmap on my N800.

///Peter