Keyboard for N800

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 09:36:08PM +0000, Peter Flynn wrote:
:Ryan Pavlik wrote:
:> The easiest thing to do is when you get the keyboard, go into the
:> bluetooth control panel, pair it, and choose to make it a preferred
:> device.
:
:I don't have an option for that. There's an option for "Trusted Device"
:which is set OK.

this unfortunately doesn't help you much but minne (ThinkOutSide
stowaway), just connects.  Well after the initial trust dance, which
you seem to have done.  You're not in "offline mode" are you?

My BlueTooth  icon is always there unless I'm in off line mode adn
does auto connect to any trusted device in range (my keyboard or GPS).

:> Ctrl works fine for me (full-sized iGo/ThinkOutside Stowaway Bluetooth)
:> - perhaps you mean Fn?  The layout on the N800 intercepts Fn and
:> interprets it as a "right-click", so if you want to use any Fn-whatever
:> key combinations (in light blue on the keyboard), you need to set up a
:> small change.  I saw the instructions either on this list or
:> internettablettalk.com recently - I think they involved xmodmap, google
:> shall certain find them.
:
:I seem to remember seeing that, but assumed it wasn't meaningful, as I
:don't have xmodmap on my N800.

Again without any changes both Fn keys worked for me.  This under
OS2007 and OS2008.

-Jon