New, renamed version of 770-encode video converter now available

On Nov 21, 2007 1:16 PM, Peter Flynn <peter at silmaril.ie> wrote:
> Andrew Flegg wrote:

[improved DVD ripping in tablet-encode]

>  > I think the best way, TBH, would be to allow
> > a syntax like:
> >
> >     tablet-encode dvd:// myfilm.avi
> > or tablet-encode /media/cdrom0 myfilm.avi
> > or tablet-encode /dev/dvd myfilm.avi
> >
> > ...and have it a) detect it as a DVD, b) call lsdvd to find the
> > longest track and generate an appropriate URL of the form
> > dvd://<track>.
>
> That sounds ideal.

This is now implemented in the latest v2.10 release:

    https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=455

You can do:

    tablet-encode dvd: myfilm.avi

...and it'll rip the longest track (identified using mplayer, rather
than lsdvd).

Also in this release are a simplified set of presets, and generally
higher output quality overall through some fiddling of mencoder
options. The full changelog is at:

    https://garage.maemo.org/frs/shownotes.php?release_id=1223

Feedback, as ever, welcome.

Cheers,