Proxy settings

Hi,
thanks for the suggestion, but when I tried it out the result was same as
before (using the graphical packet manager). So I tried to do an manual
update of the packet database using "apt-get update" in a root shell. The
packet fetch worked here, but unfortunately the signature test (gpgp) failed
due to a bad signature (BADSIG CBFC2BECC6903E72).

But now to the interessting part; I configured my firewall to allow direct
outbounding connections from my N800 and deactivated the proxy settings in
the connection settings, but leaved the host name and the port number set.
Afterwards the graphical packet manager still complained, that my proxy needs
authentification !? So there seems a bug in the logic, that retrieves the
proxy settings. To solve this I had to clear the proxy host field in the
connection settings. Afterwards the  packet database was successfully
updated. But I didn't gave up at this point and reactivated the proxy
settings and inserted the following line in the proxy host field:

username:password at proxyhost

This worked for the graphical packet manager, but unfortunately not for my
browser. It complains about malformed urls since then.

So there is still no configuration, that allows me to use a proxy with
authentification :-(

Best regards
Sascha

--