Proxy settings

Hi,
seems like I missed one thing. Unfortunately the packet manager seems to have
problems with the proxy authentification. For example updating the packet
list fails. In the protocol the following error message could be found:
E:Failed to fetch
http://www.fbreader.org/maemo/dist/bora/user/binary-armel/Packages.gz 407
Proxy Authentification Required

I found out, that apt respects the following environment variables
 * http_proxy
 * https_proxy
 * ftp_proxy

I tried to handle this error by setting this variables in my /etc/profile,
e.g.

With no sucess, even after a reboot.

I thing I need some more help here :-)

Best regards