New, renamed version of 770-encode video converter now available

On Nov 21, 2007 1:16 PM, Peter Flynn <peter at silmaril.ie> wrote:
> Andrew Flegg wrote:
>
> >     http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=299113
>
> Aha. Thanks: running
> $ sudo  /usr/share/doc/libdvdread3/install-css.sh
> installed the missing libdvdcss2 and now lsdvd works.

Cool, glad you've got it working.

> > Personally, I use the DVD ripping less than I use it for re-encoding
> > videos I've already got.
>
> This is probably true in the USA, where bandwidth and availability means
> you can download movies fairly easily. Possibly not so elsewhere.

I'm not in the USA though ;-)

I just happen to have ripped a lot of my own DVDs already for playback
on my Freevo box, or am transcoding recordings from Freeview (usually
Thomas the Tank Engine to provide a Portable Toddler Entertainment
Device :-))

Cheers,

Andrew

--