Fwd: Skype on N800

On Wednesday 04 July 2007 02:03:26 Quim Gil wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 01:03 -0700, ext James Sparenberg wrote:
> > the shear hype surround the iPhone.
>
> Comparing the Apple&iPhone buzz with Nokia&N800 buzz isn't accurate. The
> right comparison is Nokia&N95. These terrains fall far out of the maemo
> scope, really.

As a physical product goes I would agree with the above.  But my point is not
related to the product but rather the methodology of marketing.  The n800
video that comes with the n800 would make a great commercial for example.

Jobs doesn't sell electronics,computers, or phones.  He sells a lifestyle. An
attitude, He targets the kinds of TV that his market watches (National
Geographic, TLC, Discovery, SciFi channel to name a few).

This n800 is IMHO exactly that an attitude.  No one here "needed" their Nokia
any more than they would need an iPhone.  This is a want and a passion.  I'm
just advocating that Nokia pander to the passion.

James