How non-developers can push development

There is so much energy and cool ideas in this list. Here you have some
basic steps to help you convincing us of new features we should
implement:

a) Look at this interesting maemo bugzilla saved search:
http://tinyurl.com/2v2y7v I go there from time to time to pick either
the most voted enhancement request or the oldest. You could simply
choose one you are personally interested. And push it forward: update
the request, add relevant information, gather support from the maemo
community via votes or comments...

b) Look at
http://maemo.org/community/wiki/improvementideas/ and make sure that the
requests you would like to see/push are in http://bugs.maemo.org . If
not, submit the feature request yourself. The wiki is a good place to
list and put ideas in shape, but it is in bugs.maemo.org when an idea
gets an ID impossible to forget.

By doing this you are helping prioritizing and defining feature
requests. This makes much easier for us to hunt the corresponding
developer/manager and ask if that feature was ever discussed, is in the
plans, would be desired or it's definitely a "No, sorry" - and why.

Then with this information we can locate features in the roadmap or the
wishlist at http://maemo.org/intro/roadmap.html This roadmap helps you
getting new supporters and ideas around a feature. And we look at it
when planning new developments.

Note that pushing efficiently a feature request doesn't imply
automatically that it will be taken. Features are added to our roadmap
when they are feasible and make sense in the maemo overall strategy. On
the other side a feature mildly pushed can reach the roadmap if it just
happens to be a brilliant idea that should have occurred to us.

--
Quim Gil - http://maemo.org