Role of maemo i.e. in Re: Fwd: Skype on N800

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 05:37:01PM -0400, Michael Wiktowy wrote:
> On 7/3/07, Kevin T. Neely <ktneely at astroturfgarden.com> wrote:
> > For example: Poor Skype just couldn't get their software ready,
> > however, and I went with Gizmo.  I likely would have anyway, as the
> > open source model appeals to me and I see no real difference between
> > the two, other than user base.

> I would just like to point out that while Gizmo follows open standards
> and inter-operates with open source SIP clients and I like Gizmo a

You are completely right, sorry about that.  I wasn't thinking and meant "open standards" instead of source.  I'm also pretty new to the SIP stuff, and sometimes think about Asterisk when I'm thinking about Gizmo.  Mostly because I plan to do a asterisk implementation if I can find the time, and the Gizmo client will interface with that.

thank you!
Kevin

--
In Vino Veritas