Role of maemo i.e. in Re: Fwd: Skype on N800

On 7/3/07, Kevin T. Neely <ktneely at astroturfgarden.com> wrote:
> For example:  Poor Skype just couldn't get their software ready, however, and I went with Gizmo.  I likely would have anyway, as the open source model appeals to me and I see no real difference between the two, other than user base.  The gizmo client works wonderfully well thus far, with only the answer bug on the free callin number.  I bought a local number, and that works great, ringing my 770 and mobile phone simultaneously.

I would just like to point out that while Gizmo follows open standards
and inter-operates with open source SIP clients and I like Gizmo a
lot, it is most certainly not open source. There is no *usable* open
source SIP client for the 770/N800 ATM AFAIK.

/Mike