[ANN] Simple Launcher -- Home applet to launch your apps

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 03:21:12PM +0300, Mikhail Sobolev wrote:
> Yesterday I made the first public release of simple-launcher.  It's a
> home applet that shows icons of often used applications: you click and
> the application starts :)

Have you checked it for memory leaks?  There are three maemo_af_desktop
processes on my tablet (or maybe three threads?), and each of them is
reported to occupy 39 megs of memory (RSS).  That seems a bit much (the
next largest process, FBReader, eats 9 megs).  The tablet's uptime is 1
day and 16 hours.

Or it could be omweather.  Those are the only two applets I've enabled.

Or it could be maemo_af_desktop itself.  Twice since last reboot I've
gone back to the home screen to see a white background instead of my
wallpaper (each time after closing a browser that ate most of the
remaining memory).  Each time I've reloaded my wallpaper.

Marius Gedminas
--
"Linux was made by foreign terrorists to take money from true US companies
like Microsoft." -Some AOL'er.