[maemo-users] [maemo-announce] New OS 2006 firmware released

Eero Tamminen schrieb:

> Debian is not a "consumer" distribution, it's a "developer"
> / "Linux user" distribution.

I disagree that Debian is a developer or "linux user only" distribution.
My company uses it for production work since five years. But that's a
matter of taste, I guess.

However, Ubuntu is a consumer distribution based on Debian's package
management. It works quite nicely, /is/ consumer-friendly and you can
update its packages and major distribution releases incrementally,
withouth having to "reflash" / reinstall the OS for each major update of
the base distribution.

Regards,

Hanno