[maemo-users] [maemo-announce] New OS 2006 firmware released

Some feedback for the new version 3 IT2006 on the 770

The web browser (opera 8.02) and flash player (6.0.82.2) are still
the same version and still crash (as in browser closes, or
occasionally whole OS reboots) randomly with no discernable pattern
(i.e. crash on a page one moment, reload the browser and it is fine
on the same page).  Other than that it seems to work.

To repeat an earlier grumble this is supposed to be a web tablet, I
would expect the web browser to be the number one thing that works
perfectly, not be the worst thing about it.

We now have 20 of these out there, 2 failed screens after reboot a
few days in (no doubt a good proportion of you have that experience
judging by the wiki and mail lists).  All suffer random browser
issues (and Intranet browsing is all they are used for).  The only
reason we are using them is they are better than the windows equivalent PDAs.

Hopefully minimo will have flash support soon and we can use that it
seems better in many ways than opera 8.02 - perhaps nokia can help
with the flash plugin for it?

I was hopping when this release came out it might fix some of the
usability issues such as telling you that their is no DHCP on the
wireless and telling you when you get the KEY wrong - as opposed to
the generic it doesn't work message.

We have ordered some 800s to test but that will of course not help
the 20 or so 770s we already have even if the 800 is better.

Regards
Simon