[maemo-users] Some Thoughts Regarding IT OS 2007 and the N800

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 11:03 +0200, Jakub.Pavelek at nokia.com wrote:
> >On 1/26/07, Karoliina.T.Salminen at nokia.com
> ><Karoliina.T.Salminen at nokia.com> wrote:
<snip>

> Hi,
>
> Why do you want the 24 hour clock for UK/US users? Is it just for the
> clock application or do you equally strongly need to have 24 hour clock
> when file manager shows file timestaps or email shows the received
> time(date) field, etc.?

	I would like it for all the above reasons as well as for the apps that
may needs time input. One less tap when I don't have to select am/pm.
Also, because the *customer* wants it!!

> If you are running the UI in English but living in e.g. Germany you
> could also just go to the Control Panel, launch "Language and region"
> applet, set your UI to English, your regional settings to Deutchland and
> off you go.

	That is not the case here.

> I do not see this as something that would be high enough on our agenda
> right now.
>
> Br,
>
> --jakub

	Now why does a statement like that upset me so much? Is it because I
paid way too much for a device with limited functionality? Is it because
it sends the message the company doesn't care? Is it because I've had to
fight for warranty service? Or maybe because I'm angry at myself for
believing the hype surrounding the 770 and buying it in the first place?
You pick, it's multiple guess and there are no wrong answers.

Regards,

--
Peter Bart <peter at petertheplumber.net>
http://petertheplumber.net